Trimble 4000 GPS Receiver Resources
- Trimble 4000 Secrets
- Trimble 4000 Option Codes Explained
- Trimble 4000 Option Code Generator
- Firmware Images including 7.32 with WRNO fix for dates after April 2019.
- See the manuals section for manuals.
- Data Transfer/Conversion Workflow
There were three notable generations of the Trimble 4000 series receivers.
1984: First Generation: Rack Mount
Models: 4000A (1984), 4000AX, 4000S, 4000SX, 4000SXD, 4000SL, 4000SLD (1988)
The first generation was represented by the 4000A. Contained in a 19" rackmount enclosure, they were not exceedingly portable. Trimble stuffed them in plastic carrying cases and called them "portable"
19xx: Second Generation: Yellow Metal Box
Models: 4000ST, 4000SST, 4000STD, 4000RL, 4000DL
Architecture: Motorola MC68HC000 CPU
1994: Third Generation: Plastic Box
Models: 4000SE, 4000SSE (1994), 4000Si, 4000SSi, 4000RS, 4000DS, 4000RL2, 4000DL2
Architecture: Motorola MC68332 SoC, Texas Instruments TMS320C25 DSP, S87C552 (Display/keypad controller?)